Jack London Middle School honors students for their achievement. Content area grades and Learner Quality grades in CORE and Exploratory classes are weighted equally when determining honor roll status. To earn Purple Roll status, students must receive at least 90% of the total possible points. To earn Silver Roll status, students must receive at least 80% of the total possible points.
At the top of the worksheet:
– Fill in your Learner Quality (L.Q.) grades listed under homebase for the current trimester.
– Multiply that by 6. Write that number after the “equal” sign.
– Fill in your L.Q. grades for Fitness and Skills and your other two exploratory classes (fill in your L.Q. grades for any performing music classes you have).
– Add up all the L.Q. grades. (The Homebase grade X 6 plus explos and performing music.) Write that number after the “equal” sign.
– Divide by the number shown on your worksheet (either 9, 10, or 11). Write that number after the “equal” sign.
– Write that average on the line next to Learner Qualities. (On the right side of the worksheet)
On the bottom right side of the worksheet:
– Fill in your content area grades from the current trimester for each of the classes listed.
– Add up all the grades L.Q. average + Reading + OWC + Math + Science + Social Studies + Fitness & Skills + Explo + Explo (+ Performing Music). Write that number on the Grand Total line.
Compare your Grand Total to the Academic Honor Ranges in the box.