Art Class Expectations
A high standard of behavioral expectations is required of all students at Jack London. The art room is a place that should be well respected and valued. Unacceptable behaviors range from minor to major significant interruptions, that interfere with the learning process of the whole classroom. Parents will be contacted if behavior becomes an issue for a student.
LEARNER QUALITIES: (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Self-Directed Learner
- Seeks self-improvement
- Active and positive participation in class
- Takes responsibility for their learning
- Collaborative Worker
- Contributes to the success of the group
- Encourages others to participate appropriately and stay on task
- Quality Producer
- Student takes pride in their work
- Follows directions for the assignment
- Final product meets/exceeds guidelines
- Respectful Citizen
- Is courteous
- Listens to others
- Knows what actions are appropriate for the Art Room.
- A pencil (wooden case pencil is preferable)and an art folder should be brought to class every day. Students will not be allowed to return to their lockers.
- 6th Grade will be asked to purchase a sketchbook at the beginning of their scheduled art class. All supplies can be purchased at the school store.
- In class work
- Homework is due at the beginning of class.
- Students who are absent will be given time to make-up work.
(special circumstances will be handled on an individual basis) It is the student’s responsibility to check with the teacher regarding missed assignments.
EXTRA STUDIO TIME:
- Is available before and after school (7:00-7:45; 3:30-4:30)
- Available dates will be announced and posted
- Absences during studio class time are to be made up at these times.
I will do everything possible to make art class a successful learning experience. Students willing to cooperate, persevere, meet challenges and be responsible will succeed!